Nature has engineered silk with striking properties that make it an ideal material:
- Ability to release drugs/actives over months with depot biodegradation
- Established record of safety, biocompatibility and lack of immunogenicity for silk-derived products
- Flexibility to formulate with a variety of drug modalities
- Simple, readily scalable, and low cost manufacturing process that is water based and does not involve harsh organic solvents
- Advantageous mechanical properties (i.e. tensile strength, lubricity, injectability)
At what phase is the company?
Cocoon is a pre-clinical stage company with products in development. The company has secured initial financing and intellectual property with a plan to develop products across multiple industries.